SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Chili and Cornbread

I tried chili for the first time in the crock pot today and let me tell you, it smells wonderful! (It also tastes great, but since it's only 11:30am and we haven't had dinner yet, I really shouldn't know that) Aiden and I have dipped into it a few times. I "stole" this recipe from a couple of other blogs (A Year of Slow cooking and Melissa's Bargin Blog) and combined it into my own.

You need:
1 lb ground beef (brown before placing in slow cooker) ($1.67)
1 can kidney beans (I drained some of the goop, left a little in there) (.75)
2 cans tomato sauce 8 oz each (free! homemade from garden)
1 packet chili spices (.25)
1/2 bag shredded cheddar cheese (free from WIC)
1 package cornbread (.38)

Mix all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Sprinkle cheese on top before serving if desired.

Total cost for tonights dinner : $3.05


*UPDATE* We loved this! Both boys cleaned their bowls, Colin asked for more. Edward had three helpings and I had two. It was wonderful.

3 comments:

  1. This is pretty much how I make my chili too! Except I use 3, 28oz cans of diced tomatoes and I cook it on the stove. I *might* get my son to try it though if I made it with the tomato sauce - may try that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) let me know how it works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds yummy with the cornbread mixed in. I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails