SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Friday, October 23, 2009

Homemade Cinnamon Rolls

Oh my goodness. So Colin and I made these cinnamon rolls tonight and oh my goodness. I ate TWO right out of the oven. Edward had FOUR. The boys have been asking me if they can eat another one. These are the BEST. You have to make them! I sort of combined this recipe and this recipe. I was very nervous but the worst part of the whole thing was the waiting for the dough to rise! Colin kept asking "Can we go eat a cinnamon roll? Can we make them now?" Although I made 35 rolls I think I'm only going to be able to freeze one pan (5!) I guess we'll just have to make more....
Dough:
1/2 c. very warm water
1 T. sugar
2 T. yeast
1/2 c. melted butter
2 eggs
2 t. salt
1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. warm milk
2 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
2 1/2 c. unbleached white flour
Filling:
butter
brown sugar
sugar
cinnamon
Icing:
butter
vanilla
milk
powdered sugar (about 1lb)
Combine water, 1 T. sugar and yeast. Set aside for 5 minutes to activate.
Mix 1/2 cup sugar, melted butter, eggs, and salt. Add to yeast mixture.
Stir in warm milk.
Slowly add flour
.Knead dough on a well-floured surface, until dough is not sticky.
Let rise until double in a clean, oiled bowl (about 1 hour, depending on how warm your kitchen)Punch down dough.
Separate into two pieces.
Roll out dough in a large rectangles. Spread with softened butter. Sprinkle liberally with brown sugar, white sugar, and cinnamon. Roll dough.
Floss dough into roughly 1-inch rolls. (I cut mine because all we had was bubble gum flavored floss. They turned out just fine).
Place in well greased pan. Let rise until double (about 45 minutes)
Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
Spread icing while hot.

Icing:Melt 2 T. butter. Add 1 tsp. vanilla and 2 T. milk. Add powdered sugar into mixture and stir well.

Spread onto hot rolls. These freeze pretty well. Wrap them up in foil then stick them in a Ziploc baggie.

He wants more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails