SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Sunday, October 25, 2009

My First Baking "Day"!

Ever since I saw Money Saving Mom having a baking day, I have so wanted to do one too. My only problem is that my boys usually don't let me finish one "project". There's no way they would have done an all day event. So I decided to have a baking week. We made peanut butter cookies, zucchini bread, meatballs, cinnamon rolls, blueberry muffins and I want to still make some ziti for the freezer and maybe a few other things. I know Edward wants chocolate chips cookies and I'd like to make some bread and pizza dough. We'll see how it goes. Here's our peanut butter cookie recipe.

Peanut Butter Cookies

You'll need:
1 stick butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 granulated sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour (I make half white and half whole wheat)
1/4 cup flax seed
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter, sugars, peanut butter, egg and vanilla until fluffy. In a separate bowl, combine flour(s), baking soda, salt and flax seed. Gradually add to butter mixture.

Roll dough into balls and place on greased cookie sheet.


Bake 8 minutes or until done.


I doubled this recipe. I shaped all the dough into balls and only cooked about 20 cookies. (that were all eaten that night) There is two bags of 35-40 dough balls in the freezer for next time we want cookies!

Come back soon for the next post from my baking week!










0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails