SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Thursday, October 29, 2009

White Chili

So we had white chili for dinner tonight. It was wonderful. But WAY too spicy for my boys to eat. I like spicy so I thought it was great. I wanted to use the recipe HERE but ended up "winging it". Here's what I did:

You need:
1 pound chicken breast, chopped ($1.84)
2cans (15.5 oz each) Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed ($1.28)
16 oz chicken broth ($.25)
1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies (I accidentally used jalapenos) ($0.42)
1/2 bag mixed veggies (minus the green beans) ($0.50)
8 ounces sour cream ($0.50)
3/4 cup milk (free on WIC)
1/3 cup butter ($0.08)
1 ½ tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
1/8 to 1/4 tsp chili pepper depending on spiciness (I used 1/4)
(I also added 1/2 cup of cornstarch - I like my chili thick. omit if you want yours thinner)

Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high 5-6.

Total meal cost: $4.87 ( and there is PLENTY left for dinner Sunday night, so that's what we (Edward and I) will be having!)

2 comments:

  1. you can add the spices right at the very end before serving and it wont' be as hot. Peppers and garlic intensfy in a crock pot. Your recipe sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! It was great, but I'll make sure and take your suggestion next time!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails