Instead of a "regular" candy calender this year, I came across an awesome idea that I had to give a try. I am so excited about it. I saw a this picture on flikr and hubby and I made up 25 origami envelopes. Inside the envelopes I am putting a slip of paper with each of the 25 activities we will do. Here is what we will be doing from December 1st through the 25th.
1. Decorate the Christmas tree
2. Christmas video with popcorn & hot chocolate
3. Make pine cone Christmas ornaments
4. Write letters to Santa
5. Christmas in our town (gingerbread house contest and all kinds of other goodies)
6. Crystal Snowflakes
7. Make magic reindeer food
8. Holiday Tabletop Christmas Tree (Kraft magazine Holiday '07)
9. Hand & foot print reindeer craft
10. Christmas bingo night
11. Christmas party at story time
12. Go see Santa & have pictures taken
13. Christmas cookies!
14. Make Christmas Trees
15. Dinner & a Christmas movie
16. Candy making day - fudge, and chocolate covered pretzels
17. Christmas party at school
18. PJ Day! Lots of Christmas worksheets, games, etc while mommy gets ready for the party!
19. Family Christmas party (extended family)
20. Wrap presents (Mom), Christmas "lacings" (kids)
21.Make Gingerbread house
22.Watch The Polar Express, Red and Green Dinner (everything is red/green!)
23. Drive around town to see all the lights & decorations (we used to do this as a kid and I loved it)
24. Christmas dinner
25. Merry Christmas! Spending all day with family.
There will also be lots of Christmas stories, online Christmas games, and Christmas songs! My hope is to create a fun memorable way to count down to Christmas and add some new traditions to our holiday season!