SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Groceries this Month

I'm trying something new this month... I'm grocery shopping for the whole month now. I'm trying to save money. And time. With the holidays approaching, I don't think there is one day that my calender doesn't have something on it. And while the appointment or whatever might not last all day, the times that I have "downtime" need to be spent cleaning my house or, even better, with my boys. Go here to see our monthly menu. Here's what I've bought so far:

Wal-Mart:


8 packages Kotex pads
5 strips yeast
1 box Little Debbie cupcakes
1 chocolate syrup
1 veggie oil spray
2 packs shoe laces
2 cans evaporated milk
2 raisins
(not pictured) Christmas present for Aiden
Total OOP: $21.44

Target:


1 command hooks
1 Belgium waffle maker (merry Christmas to me!)
5 boxes Cheez-it crackers (yes, I did buy 5, the boys have stolen the other already)
Total OOP - $14.81 + $5 GC from Cheez-its

Save - A - Lot:

1 loaf white bread
3.43 lbs bananas
2 rawhide bones (Christmas gifts for my 4 legged babies)
Total OOP: $3.96


Giant:
5 cases soda (hubby's lunch)
4 boxes Kellogg's Special K
4 cans Progresso Cream of Mushroom
3 packages shredded cheese
smart balance sour cream
1 yeast strip
1 can rotel tomatoes
1 Hershey's cocoa
ginger
1 country crock butter
24 hamburger rolls
1 loaf wheat bread
super washing soda
Total OOP:$29.54

Total So Far - $69.75

If I decide to deduct the Christmas presents from the grocery budget (which I should, right?!) then my total so far would be $47.75. Which would mean I'm under budget for this week!! I still need to go to Aldi but only for a few things.... I'm liking this so far. :)

This post is linked to the Grocery Cart Challenge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails