SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Monday, December 21, 2009

Homemade Laundry Soap

I'm not sure why it took me so long to post this. I've started to replace things around the house with their homemade versions, cleaning supplies, laundry detergent, dishwasher soap, things like that. This laundry detergent is as good as the store bought. The only difference is the smell but that is easily changed. I use a fabric softener (when I run out, I'll be making my own! Stay tuned for that post!) and it makes my clothes smell great!

You need:
1/3 bar of Fels Naptha soap
1/2 cup Borax powder
1/2 cup Arm and Hammer Washing Soda
a bucket (I use an old 35lb cat litter bucket)
water

Directions:
Grate 1/3 of the soap and put it into a saucepan. Add 6 cups of water and heat until the soap melts. Add the washing soda and borax. Stir until it is dissolved. Pour 4 cups hot tap water into the bucket. Add soap mixture and stir it together. Add 22 cups of water and stir to combine. Let the soap cool for 12-24 hours. The finished product jells up. Part of it will be jello like and part will remain liquid. It all dissolves in the laundry tub.

I use about 1/2 cup of laundry soap per load.


I've been able to find the Arm and Hammer Washing Soda and the Borax powder the cheapest on Alice.com and there's always free shipping!! I got the Fels Naptha at Giant for $1.03.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails