My goals for the new year are as follows.
- Create a budget and stick to it!
- Follow Dave Ramsey's Baby Steps to help us save some money! I'm tired of worrying that we're not going to be able to make it if hubby gets laid off. He's been so fortunate thus far and I want to start building our account so we'll be OK if he does get hit.
- Keep my checkbook updated - I am so bad at just using online banking. But this way I have no clue how much money is really "extra" in our account. I need to keep up with our checkbook!! (I'm hoping this will really help with #s 1 and 2!)
- Organize my house and keep it that way!
- Slowly go unprocessed - I want to feed my family healthier foods.
- Enlarge my garden so I can can more - cutting back on groceries and enabling us to cut back on our budget and eat healthier!
For hubby - I know how to make him happy, I just need to do it. He's been working very hard to help me around the house so I need to try and help him out too.
For the boys - bring back family game night! we started this and kept it up for about three weeks. I'd love to do it again because Colin and I loved it so much. spend more one on one time with both of them.
For me - read at least one book a month I used to read more than one book a week! Now I can't seem to "find the time". try at least one new recipe every two weeks. I find all kinds of awesome sounding recipes at Meal Planning Monday but they always seem to collect dust in my folder. I need to dig them out and try them! plus everything HERE
For my blog - HERE
This post is linked to: