SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Friday, January 8, 2010

Warehouse Memberships

E and I have been throwing around the idea of getting a membership to our "local" warehouse. The closest one to us is Sam's Club and that's 45 minutes away. I could buy 25 lbs of flour for under $8, 2 lbs of yeast for under $5 and they have good prices on yogurt and cheese and probably a lot more. But I think I could find the same good deals if I looked for a coupon and a sale a paired it together. I can't decide if I should spend the $40 on a year long membership. E's work offers a "discount". You get a $10 gift card when you sign up for a year. I just can't make up my mind what to do!
Do you have a membership to a warehouse club? What do you buy there versus the grocery store?

2 comments:

  1. We've had a Costco membership for close to 15 years and love it. Of course, it's only 15 minutes away (and its location was an important factor to me while house hunting). Warehouse shopping made a lot more sense when all six kids were at home, so I don't use it as much now. (What used to be weekly trips are now once or twice a month.) But we love the quality of everything, especially their meat. I use them for all our photo printing (very convenient because I can make all decisions at home and just pick up the finished product), contacts and supplies, toilet paper, laundry detergent, yard leaf bags, books and videos, as well as groceries (milk, eggs, cheese, lunch meat, bananas, tortillas, hamburger buns, chips, condiments, baking supplies, etc.). We have the Costco American Express Card which gives us a rebate once a year. I figured as long as the rebate covered the yearly membership (and it does), it's a good deal.

    I imagine Sam's would be similar, although I haven't shopped there in years. It sounds like you already know which factors to consider in your decision. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do have good deals, but to us it wasn't worth it really. We got TP, paper towels, vitamins, and trash bags there. So now I just go along with a family member that has a membership. :)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails