SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Gratituesday


I wasn't sure I wanted to write this post. I wasn't sure I had a right to. So I prayed about it. And it's all that I could think about for that past day and a half. So here goes...

A "friend" of mine died. The reason I say "friend" is becasuse I haven't spoken to him in three years. But it hit me hard when he died. I'm not sure exactly why. I mean, I haven't spoken to him in three years!

Wayyy back in fifth grade, I "dated" him. Meaning he came to my house and hung out, we held hands, and went roller skating together. My sister and I were talking yesterday about a time when he was at our house. The three of us went for a walk in the cornfield behind the house and he asked her to turn her head. Her reply (she was 6) was "Why? So you can kiss her??" That day when he left he did kiss me - in front of everyone! I was so embarrassed!

We grew apart, as most elementary friends do, and we lost track of each other. I talked to him once or twice over the past couple of years. Enough to know that he was planning his wedding and he has a gorgeous one year old son who looks just like him.

When I found out that he had been killed, I had just made a phone call to a company to speak to a customer service rep. The rep answered the phone and said "Hi, my name is Tony" (This my friends name) I was speechless for a few seconds. I knew that Tony was ok.

So today I am thankful for memories. I am thankful I knew Tony. 
 I am thankful that I take time each and every day to let my boys know that I love them.

What are you thankful for? Share at Heavenly Homemakers.

1 comment:

  1. Man moments like those... just bite at your inner core, don't they?

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails