SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Meal Plan Monday 2/21 - 2/27


So much for not getting the flu. Hubs and I both had it Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Because of this, we didn't get to almost anything on the menu plan. So there's a lot of repeats from last week. We mostly grabbed whatever we wanted out of the fridge or had soup. We went out Saturday night with my family.

I did manage to get a lot done the rest of the week, simply because I was sick of the house being a mess for the past three weeks. I scrubbed down the bathroom and the kitchen. I organized the living room and got rid of some toys. I never did get the food to the food bank but it WILL be there this week. Hubs has been switched to a new shift at work so he'll be home during he day to make sure I get it there. I did get to CVS but ended up returning almost the whole order because I messed up and spent wayyy over my budget (like $50 over). Target had no razors in stock so I didn't get anything there. Our Valentines party is rescheduled again for this week so I need to get the boys to get their Valentines done...

Hubby is now on "second" shift for a month (hopefully). He works 3:30 to 2 am. So he won't be home for dinner, but I'll still be cooking enough for him to take some in his lunch. I am also going to try and get some bulk cooking done this week. Since he won't be home in the evenings, I'm thinking it might be easier for me. I'll let you know...

Enchiladas
Pizza
Chicken Curry
Cheeseburgers
Ham Steak in some kind of casserole
Beef Stroganoff
leftovers/out

How did your week go? What are you eating this week? Leave a comment and I'll come check out your menu! Check out lots more menus at OrgJunkie.com.

8 comments:

  1. Awww... I'm sorry your house was not well. That is always a drag. Hope everyone is well and things settle down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cheeseburgers.. and I do have some ham casseroles in my saved files if you'd like me to send some. I was bummed last week at CVS, no mouthwash to be found :( Those hours at work are terrible when they can't be home for dinner, I hate it. Hope this week is a good one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The enchiladas sound yummy! We just did a country ham and cheese macaroni casserole last night using leftover ham steak and the kids loved it plus it's super easy to make - the recipe is on my blog if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, I was wondering if you would be interested in doing a guest post on my blog sometime, but couldn't find an e-mail to contact you. You can contact me at melissasbargains at gmail dot com if you're interested! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just ahd a long comment typed, but my two year old hit a key and erased it all... Anyway, I feel for you. We, too, sometimes go to the apntry. Mu husbadn is down with a cold and migraine and I have a cold that knocks me out most mornings. And, I have been known to return things at CVS, too.

    I noticed you do freezer cooking. If you are not adverse to carbs (we love 'em here), you could add homemade waffles, panckaes, muffins and quick breads to your freezer stock. Many recieps can be adapted to give these a nutritional boost with pantry type items, such as cnaned pineapple, bagged nuts, pureed squash, etc. And, I find when I take the time to fill my frrezer with such things, life goes so muche asier. The muffins and quick breads easily defrost overnight for quick breakfasts, snacks and sides for soup and eggs for meals. The pancaks and waffles defrots/cook in the toaster and make great tradtional breakfasts, as well as snacks - my kdis even like them as sandwiches with spreads in the middle.

    I am wodnering how you feed four on $25. I feed four, with a 5th on the way, on $50-$100, usually the highter end, and am always looking to trim. I have a hard time, as we eat mostly whole and organic foods and it is hard to find coupons for these. I have yet to fnd a great bulk supplier, but I have found discount stores and health sections/stores with coupons...

    Good luck and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im doing Enchiladas this week too, and I think it must be something in the air because I have probably looked at 2 dozen other menu plans that also have Enchiladas. Must be true what they say about great minds thinking alike :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the first time I can remember being able to start even just planning my garden in Feb. or seeing bees in Feb. either. Last year, we had a running daily total of 60 inches of snow on the ground and it just kept coming! The places it was piled up at didn't even melt until July. We are used to snow, but that was a bit too much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am SO sorry you guys had the flu! YUCK! I have been trying to overcome being a germaphobe (I'm 7 months pregnant) as it is but with swine flu, regular flu, and just the icky bugs ... it's hard NOT to!

    I like that you put "ham steak in some kind of casserole" ha ha! That so sounds like me! I love cutting the ham up and doing a double batch of scalloped potatoes, throw in some frozen broccoli and then toss the ham in with it. Meal in a bowl! Love it! The other thing that is good is a crock pot chicken cordon blue -- made that.. it was DELICIOUS!!!! Hmmm... maybe I need to incorporporate that into a freezer cooking meal plan... hmmmmm....

    Any-who -- thanks for stopping by. I'll be stalking you too now! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails