SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Monday, March 1, 2010

28 Days of Organizing - "My" Table

I decided to organize this "space" yesterday and enter it into the 28 Days of Organizing Challenge. Told you I'm working on the rest of the house!

I love this table. I got it from a yard sale and am so glad I did. The only problem is my hubby has taken it over. He uses it for his hat that holds all the things he takes to work with him. But that has multiplied into all his little stuff from around the house - papers, hats, change, anything. It always looks like a trash bag has thrown up on it. It is in the worst spot in the house - the entry way - so everything gets dumped on it. This picture was taken on a good day!

Before:
(and actually, there is more of my stuff on it than hubbys!)


After:


Yea! What a difference!

1. What was the hardest part of the challenge for you and were you able to overcome it?

It was really hard to just start this project. This is a "catch-all" spot for our family. Everything gets thrown here. The hardest part of this was to clear it off and find a spot for all the things that had no homes. And I did find a home for everything!


2. Tell us what kind of changes/habits you have put into place in order for your area/room to maintain its new order?
Hah. Changes that I had to put in place were instead of throwing all our things onto this table, I need to put them away! I have to take the extra ten seconds to walk into another room and put the item where it belongs instead of throwing it on the table. For some reason, this is really hard for me.


3. What did you do with the “stuff” you were able to purge out of your newly organized space?
Most of it got thrown in the recycling bin. The other stuff was put away.

4. What creative storage solutions were you able to introduce in order to create additional space as well as establish some limits and boundaries?
I use this table to hold my bills. Before yesterday they were just laying there. There was actually a little holder on the table (under all the stuff and the bills) that I had wanted to use to organize my bills. I have organized all the bills and put them in this holder. Everything that needs paid within the week is in the front, the rest is in the back.


5. Why do you think you should win this challenge?
Because I got hubby to help me with this! I got him to clean off his stuff from the table and do something with all of it. Not just throw it on my kitchen table. I found a home for everything that was on the table. This table was harder for me to do than my living room was. And I accomplished it!

Thanks Orgjunkie!

4 comments:

  1. Trying this one again...don't know what happened to the (LONG) first comment I had made, but easy enough to repeat!

    First off, I wanted to tell you what a great job you did on this challenge! I find that small kid toys can be so hard to organize because of their chunky sizes, you know?

    It's funny to me in a way, because little kids seem to have a hard time getting toys out and putting them away because of the chunky bulk of the toys, but they seem to be able to move the toys around quite well when they want to use the toy as a step stool (at least mine do!) :)

    I also wanted to send you kudos for getting the kids involved in the project. What a great lesson you are giving them in life! And if they can master (or at least get the basis of the concepts now) they won't have to struggle with organizing later on in life! Way to go Mom!

    I had also wanted to let you know that I really enjoy the way that your blog reads and that I have added you through Google Friend Connect because your blog writing style is very casual and welcoming. It's like reading a letter from a friend, if you know what I mean. Just very warm and inviting. Looking forward to going back and reading through some of your archives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I thought that I had posted this comment to your living room post, but meh, I posted it here instead.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails