SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Monday, March 29, 2010

Hard Cooked Eggs

Because Easter is right around the corner, and Easter usually means dying eggs, I wanted to share with you the way I found makes the best hard cooked eggs.

 I used to boil mine for twenty minutes, but I always ended up with cracked shells and cooked egg all over the pot. That is fine for when the eggs are just going in salads. But when you're going to dye them, the shells need to remain intact. Ever since I've cooked my eggs this way, no more broken shells! (And hubby says the eggs taste better too).

 The best way I've found to cook my eggs is on the American Egg Board website:

  1. Place eggs in saucepan large enough to hold them in a single layer. Add cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch. Heat over high heat just to boiling.
  2. Remove from burner. Cover pan. Let eggs stand in hot water about 15 minutes for Large eggs (12 minutes for Medium eggs; 18 for Extra Large).
  3. Cool completely under cold running water or in a bowl of ice water. Peel and eat, or store unpeeled in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
We will be eating lots of salads this coming week, but I'm also going to try making some egg salad. I'd love to try your recipe if you're willing to share!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for breaking down the times. I always overcook my eggs as well, just because I want to be sure they are done...

    You feed your family on $25 a week! Wow- I am impressed!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am following yours now. :-)

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails