SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bread Machine Rye Bread

Hubby has been asking for some rye bread. I had made loaf a few months ago but couldn't find the recipe. So the other day I searched the World Wide Web for a good recipe. I was very surprised I couldn't find one. I didn't have a lot of the ingredients the recipes called for and I wasn't running to the store. I came up with a very simple recipe that turned out so good. It makes two loaves and both of ours are already gone.


3 1/2 cups water
4 cups bread flour
2 cups rye flour
1 packet yeast
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons vital wheat gluten

Add all ingredients to bread machine in order specified by the manufacturer. Set machine to dough cycle. (I stopped my machine 10 minutes before the end of the cycle because I thought the dough might rise out the container.) Divide dough into two loaves and place in loaf pans. Cover with a towel and let rise while you preheat oven to 450. Bake for 30 minutes. Enjoy right out of the oven with some butter - it's delish!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails