SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

My $0.98 Compost Bin

I tried composting last year. It did. not. work. There were little bugs crawling everywhere. Seriously, it looked like the compost was alive. This year, I'm trying again. I have hope that it will work! While I really wanted to buy a fancy compost bin, I really think that is a waste of my money right now. Why buy what I can make for cheap? Hubby brought home some 5 gallon buckets from his work (so the bucket was free) and we bought a lid at Home Depot for $.98. (Lowes had them too but they were almost $2!)

All hubby did was drill some holes in the top of the lid and around the top edge of the bucket and bam! I have a compost bin! The lid is kind of tight on the bucket which is a good thing because instead of mixing the contents, I just give the (tightly closed) bucket to the boys and let them roll it around the yard.

Do you compost?

1 comment:

  1. I would love to, too, but that's one of my main fears... maggots and bugs and nastiness of yuck! :)

    My aunt does and does wonderfully. I feel guilty throwing away organics that I know would benefit a compost pile but??? what's a girl to do.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails