SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Works for Me Wednesday - Keeping Kids Busy in the Car

We live about an hour away from any of our family. Yet, we seem to see them at least every other week. That's a long trip for a 4 year old and a 19 month old. And it's mostly farm land or woods. They're usually fine for the first 5 minutes, then they either fall asleep or get tired of their books. There is only so many cows they can find or trees they can count.


Staples had whiteboards on sale for $1 a few weeks ago so I picked up a couple. I thought I would use them to keep my freezers organized or to write a to-do list on. Well, the procrastinator in me never did get around to organizing the freezers. So when C and A were begging me to “play” with the boards, I gave in and handed them over. They sat for half an hour and did nothing but color and write. So I brought them with us on a trip to see the family and the boys colored almost the whole time. I had to keep checking to make sure they were both awake! So now, the white boards stay in the car and they get to use them on trips to see our family.

This works for me!

1 comment:

  1. We keep our kids busy with audiobooks. They're far more engaging than dvds and tv, and it gets them interested in tv. There's lots of great sites where you can download original stuff, instead of the same old public domain stories like Red Riding Hood. This is a good one where you can download original stuff for free. http://www.twirlygirlshop.com/stories-for-kids

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails