SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

2010 Garden Update #1

I am so excited to share with you pictures of my garden this year. There isn't very many pictures yet because it's been so cold here and I'm afraid to plant much. I have hot banana peppers, zucchini, spinach, basil, chives and parsley seeds planted, they should be sprouting any day now. And no pictures of my tomato or bell pepper plants yet because frankly, I forgot about them! We have them planted around the side of the house this year.

Here's my strawberry plants. I'm so excited about these this year because we transplanted them. Everyone told me they wouldn't get fruit this year because we moved them. But we already have strawberries growing!

Onions. New to me this year. A friend offered me some onion bulbs (sets?) So I planted a few. We'll see how I do with them..

Our pumpkins. We grew some last year, but they did not get big at all. We ended up using them to paint faces on. Then I cooked them up and pureed them to add to stuff. :) We bought big ones to carve.

Lettuce started. It's actually ready to be planted but I'm afraid the cold will kill it!

And that's it so far! I bought broccoli plants this weekend, and a squash plant. I would love to grow some potatoes... We'll see what the market has if I ever get there.

Are you growing a garden this year? What are you growing?

5 comments:

  1. I am so jealous!!!!! We don't have room in our back yard for one. One of these days! I want okra, lettuces, cucumbers, watermelon, pumpkins (in the fall, obviously), beans, peppers, all kinds of spices and mostly TOMATOES!!!!! Like I said - -one of these days!

    Grow little veggies -- grow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm experimenting with onions this year too and blogging about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous, I'd love to have a garden. We're moving this summer to a place with a balcony, so at least I'll be able to plant some herbs. The pictures look amazing, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great garden! I'm looking forward to starting a small patio garden when we move next month.
    I decided to make some time for blog visiting this morning.
    We've been so busy these days. My husband got a new full time job and we'll be moving next month. Our son is graduating next month. And me, I've been working full time and taking classes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Strawberries look great :) The stinkin squirrels and racoons keep digging mine up!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails