SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Meal Plan Monday 5/9 - 5/15

(photo credit:kraftfoods)

I made the Southwest Roll-ups that were on our menu last week and they were a huge hit! I was a little worried when fixing these because of the beans, but C and A both actually ate one, hubs and I both ate two and half! We finally ended up making pizza at home and of course, it was a hit. I believe the boys each ate a piece and a half. We didn't have burgers or pork chops. We did end up eating out once. Friday, hubs had a tooth pulled and wasn't really hungry so the boys just had grilled cheese and I had leftovers. I love those easy nights.

Meal Planning has become a chore for me. I hate sitting down and having no ideas for meals. Hubs and the boys aren't helping either. They want tacos, burgers and enchiladas. And that's it. I have decided to go back to my old way of meal planning. Planning a month at a time. I then shop for the whole month in one day. It saved me a lot of headache and a lot of money. I stayed out of the stores and I am not stressing on Sunday nights trying to plan the whole week. It's already done! I'm looking for some new recipes. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

This week we are eating:
Visit OrgJunkie.com for more menu ideas!

How did your week go? What are you eating this week? Leave a comment and I'll come check out your menu!

5 comments:

  1. I do the majority of my shopping at once, too. Have you tried meeting them halfway? Make tacos with shredded turkey...or add lentils to the taco meat. Make lasagna...with flour tortillas, taco-seasoned meat, and Mexican blend cheese. Bison burgers instead of beef burgers. Slow changes until they're eating repertoire has expanded. :) Good luck! And hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I could plan for a whole month but I understand what your saying about the people in your house being no help. I ask my dh what he wants for dinner and he says "food". LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Michelle - I saw that you do that... I think you are the one that inspired me to go back to doing it! (LOVE your blog btw!) I have tried using turkey and other things in the meals and hubby throws a fit. He "can tell" when I have something that is not the norm. I'm still trying though! He makes it so rough but I am determined not to give up! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Leah - Yea, I know what you mean, I'm surprised I got that much out of hubby. Usually it's "whatever" :) I'm so glad for MPM!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails