SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

WFMW - Cheap Pizza Sauce

I have been making homemade pizza for about a year. According to my hubby, I'm just now getting the hang of it. :)
One of the ways I make our pizza even more frugal is to use Ragu (or any spaghetti sauce) instead of the pizza sauce. I jut add oregano, Italian seasoning, garlic powder to season the sauce. My family says this actually tastes better than the "regular" pizza sauce.

Pizza sauce is $.69 a can around here (or it was the last time I bought it). I usually can get one pizza from a pizza sauce can. From a jar of Ragu, I can get at least three pizzas! And because I stockpile Ragu at a rock-bottom price, I only pay $.40 a jar.

Using Ragu for pizza sauce works for me!

4 comments:

  1. I use a can of tomato paste, add about a cup of wine or water and some seasonings. Voila! Pizza sauce! :) My husband much prefers it over the pricey jarred pizza sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the time, I do the same thing!
    I tried tomato paste/tomato sauce mixture once, but wasn't too impressed. I would do what Beth does, except I never have wine on hand, really. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Right now I have Bertolli spaghetti sauce that I picked up for $0.50/jar--lots of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THat is such a great idea if we actually MADE our own pizza.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails