SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Homemade Chocolate Icecream

The boys got me an ice cream maker for Mother's Day and I have been playing around with a bunch of recipes trying to find one we all liked. We're really picky about our ice cream so it's been really hard finding a good recipe. I finally tweaked a couple and this is what I came up with.

3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt


Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl. Add to ice cream maker. (It's important that you mix all the ingredients in a bowl other than the ice cream maker bowl!! I found this out the hard way.) Mix in ice cream maker according to maker instructions or until it reaches desired consistency. Enjoy!

This is the ice cream straight from the maker or "soft-serve". I couldn't take a picture of it after it has been frozen after being made because it's never lasted that long!

Blessed with Grace

3 comments:

  1. Ok I'm so totally on the homemade icecream bandwagon! I'll share with you why... I follow a blog (for goodness' sake, don't ask me which one) but they did an ice cream experiment.... they bought different types of "ice cream" and they monitored how fast it melted...or if it even melted at all. Oh yes, some of that stuff out there doesnt melt into a little bowl of soupy milkiness...it stays pretty much true to form, Is that not disgusting???

    So, then me and drew go to Sonic because someone told him about the Oreo "thing" and he HAD to have one. I went in the playroom this morning and it was there....and it was still thick??? It hadnt melted either!!! gross

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to try this recipe! I bought an ice cream maker when Aldi's had the kind that didn't need salt or ice. We love making our own ice cream with splenda so my son can have it too. But I hadn't found a chocolate recipe yet that looked good.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following from TMTT! This looks yummy! I could use some right now!!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails