SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Tick Removal


Summer will be here soon and the ticks will soon be showing up. We have two dogs, a boxer and a border collie. This is great way to get rid of ticks because it works in those places where it's some times difficult to get to with tweezers - between toes, in the middle of a head full of hair. And it works great for dogs who don't like funny looking object coming at them or kids who don't like tweezers.

Just apply some liquid soap (dawn) to a cotton ball. Cover the tick with the soap-soaked cotton ball and swab it for a 15 to 20 seconds. The tick will come out on its own and be stuck to the cotton ball when you lift it away.

6 comments:

  1. Does this really work? A lot of my family live in or around forested areas and deal with a lot of ticks in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds neat! ill have to give it a try...although i hope i don't really have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Frances - it worked for me the one time I had to use it and I've heard from other people it's worked for them too.

    @ Heather - LOL I know what you mean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would be great for us since our puppy freaks at the site of tweezers now! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I'd known this when my husband got a tick a few months ago! It wasn't pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT tip. I've been putting some tea tree oil on my dogs neck and it had greatly cut down on the ticks.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails