SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Meal Plan Monday 7/12


Wow. Where has this week gone? Last week our meal plan went great. We had THREE tomatoes from the garden!! The only thing we didn't have was the Zesty BBQ chicken, we had burgers instead. We (the boys) were supposed to camp out (in the backyard) on Friday night. We got the tent all set up and started the fire (in our old charcoal grill) We cooked hot dogs over the fire and they tasted soooo good. Then it started POURING. So the boys slept inside Friday night and in the tent Saturday night. The ribs weren't so good. There wasn't enough for all of us and the seasoning that was on them was kind of yuck. (We got them from Angel Food so they were pre-seasoned.) Luckily that night my parents invited us to dinner for my mom's birthday.

This week is going to be a busy one. The boys and I are attending a day camp Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Friday we're going on a field trip - I'm anxious to see where to! They serve us snacks and lunch which makes me happy because that means I only need to figure out lunch for 3 days instead of 7! I know I'm not going to feel like fixing dinner when we get home so I've planned an easy menu. Friday night, we're going to a baseball game through hubby's work. There is an all you can eat "picnic" included in the cost of our ticket. (Which was only $9!) I also have used the plan ahead method of cooking once eating twice. Tonight hubby requested chicken on the grill so I had him grill up enough chicken to last us for three meals. All I have to do is throw together dinner - the hard part is already done!

Grilled Chicken
Stir Fry (using chicken grilled tonight)
Homemade Pizza
Chicken Kabobs
Grilled Chicken Salad (using chicken grilled tonight)
Dinner at the Game
Chicken Fajitas

What are you eating this week? I'd love to check it out! Leave a comment with a link to your menu and I'll be sure to come see!

5 comments:

  1. Great job planning! Our garden is slow in giving up the tomatoes this year, but we are still hopeful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great - I'm so impressed that you feed your family on just $25 a week (I thought I was doing good with $50 for our family of 5!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hot dogs for the camp out sound great! Have a nice week and enjoy the game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still planning my menus just not posting... if you want, I'll still share them with you as I do DO them electtonically.

    Do you buy the Angel Food shipments every month? It's grown a lot since I'd done it.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails