SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Friday, August 27, 2010

Home Made Taco Seasoning Mix

We used to buy a lot of taco seasoning. I use it in a lot of dishes and it got to be quite expensive. I looked around for a recipe with no salt (who needs the added salt anyway?) and no cornstarch (something we're trying to avoid). This is what I came up with.

Taco Seasoning Mix
1 teaspoon minced onion
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

Combine and use in place of a taco seasoning packet.

We used this just the other night in Tostadas - yum!

5 comments:

  1. I always make my own all the time now...it does have some salt in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I have been planning to make my own taco seasoning and I will try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the taco seasoning mix recipe I use. We LOVE it and haven't had to buy any taco seasoning in over a year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fantastic! I bet it was yummy. =)

    Hi, I am a new follower from The Frugal Free Gal Friday Blog Hop. I am amazed that you feed your family of 4 for $25! I have a family of 7 and would be thrilled beyond words to feed them for $50 per week! I will definitely be checking back for your tips and ideas. =0)

    I started a recipe swap linky if you are interested. I'd love for you to drop by. =0)

    http://joyfulhousewife.com/daily-fun/mouthwatering-monday/

    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME! I've been looking for a seasoning recipe for a while and haven't come up with anything. I'm so glad you posted your find.

    I've left an award for you at http://www.lifeofatwinglegal.com/2010/08/with-cherry-on-top.html

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails