SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Home Made Tomato Paste

As my aunt said to me last week "Why would you make tomato paste? It costs like $0.50 a can!" Well. I have an abundance of tomatoes. Cherry tomatoes to be exact. I had made salsa - like 20 pints. I was not attempting to make tomato sauce from cherry tomatoes (we like ours thick). So tomato paste was what was left. And it turned out to be pretty easy.


You need:
tomatoes and lemon juice


Squeeze the tomatoes getting out most of the water and seeds.



Run tomatoes through food processor.


Cook for a bit. I cooked mine for about 45 minutes while I ran around doing other things.


Like my homemade strainer thing? LOL Strain tomato puree through cheesecloth for at least 4 hours (I did mine overnight)



Add 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice to jars.
Add tomato to jars and process for about 30 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. Hey there,

    I'm your newest follower from Think of Me Thursday. Please come by anytime you get a moment for a visit.

    Thanks,

    Marie
    The Things We Find Inside

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, and I like how you used the littlest jars as you only ever need a small amount of it. I want to give this a try sometime. Happy canning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I followed you on Twitter via Living on Love and Cents blog hop. :) My twitter account is at http://www.twitter.com/BedeliasSpot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for the little jars of paste! I also like your homemade strainer thingy. I may have to *borrow* some binder clips from work... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails