SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Meal Plan Monday 8/9

Our menu last week was kind of messed up. I still was not feeling well and I did not feel like cooking. We ended up having chicken salad sandwiches, grilled chicken salad and leftovers all on the same night. Everyone had something different. The boys came home on Monday and I started feeling better on Friday. I had forgotten hubby had thawed out a ham for me to cook, so we'll be eating leftover ham this week as well. Hopefully this week we can clean out the fridge some and stick to our meal plan!

Saturday we went to my mom's house for a cookout. After we ate, hubby went to visit his mom and all my stuff was in the car with him - my purse, phone and even my shoes! We ended up taking C to urgent care at the suggestion of his doctor and I had nothing with me. Luckily my mom saved me (as she usually does!) and paid my co-pay and bought C his prescription. He has pink eye in both eyes! His first football practice is tomorrow and he was so worried he was going to miss it. But the doctor gave him the go ahead to attend as long as he took his meds.

I have so much to do this week (I am not complaining!!) While at my moms, we "raided" her pear tree and her apple tree. I had bought 2 bushels of peaches on Friday afternoon (with my WIC checks, no out of pocket expense). Hubby brought home 6 bags of produce from his uncle's house - peppers, tomatoes, potatoes, zucchini, squash and lots more stuff. Mom and I are supposed to go out Wednesday to get bushels of tomatoes to make into sauces. So I need to get canning all the produce I have here. I think I might make some more salsa. I also made and canned 14 jars of tomato paste Friday evening - I used almost all cherry tomatoes! I canned 12 quarts of peaches today, so I'm down to 1 bushel left to do. The boys have already opened and eaten a whole quart. I'd love to get more peaches, but I'm not sure the budget will allow for it (or if I'll have time!)

I'm trying to keep meals easy this week. In addition to all the produce I need to take care of, the boys and I  have appointments almost everyday this week. The only exception is Friday and we're supposed to go to a baseball game that evening.

Burgers on the grill for a late lunch - snacked for dinner
Chili - made with garden veggies!
Ham & Potato Bake - something similar using fresh potatoes
BBQ Chuck Roast - recipe to come (slow cooker!)
Buffalo Chicken Twice Baked Potatoes - recipe to come
Bourbon Chicken
Leftovers

How did your week go? What are you eating this week? Leave a comment and I'll come check out your menu!

6 comments:

  1. hope you are feeling better. Great meal plan this week. The bourbon chicken is popular this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope your little guy was ok. I wish I knew someone with fruit trees to pick from. Lucky duck

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm making bourbon chicken this week, too! Different recipe, though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a crazy week! I hate that feeling when I don't have my wallet. You have a good menu lined up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog at MPM today. I love it! I can't wait to read more posts and save a little $$ too. ;-)

    I'd love to invite you over to my blog and to join Tip Day Thursday.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails