SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Preserving Garden Herbs for the Winter

I have a ton of oregano growing in one of my herb boxes. It took over. So today while hubby took a placement test for college and the boys were with my mom, I harvested most of it to freeze for the winter. I would love to dry it, but I'm not quite sure how to and I didn't have my computer to look it up. :)

Harvest your herb of choice (mine was oregano). Wash and add to food processor. Add a few teaspoons of olive oil (I used coconut oil). Chop.


Add a teaspoonful to each ice cube spot in an ice cube tray. Add some water. Freeze.


Place in freezer. After a couple hours, remove from freezer and place in ziploc baggy. Enjoy your fresh garden herbs all winter long.

1 comment:

  1. I just did this with my basil!

    I found your blog through Saturday Social! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails