SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

5 Minute Activities for Your Kids

Sometimes, all we really need is five minutes. Because when you think about it, in five minutes you could unload the dishwasher. Or load it. Or throw in a load of laundry, or check your email. Or you could lock yourself in the bathroom with some chocolate and read a chapter of your latest book. (I'm just saying, not that I know from experience or anything :) )All those 5 minutes add up. You could get a lot done if you had a bunch of five minutes. :) When I need just five minutes, here are some of the activities I give my kids to do.

  1. Bubble Wrap - my boys have a ton a fun laying bubble wrap out on the floor and stomping on it. Sometimes, I even join them! We just have to make sure to hide the bubble wrap from daddy or we won't get a chance to pop it. :)
  2. Let your child clean - my boys love to clean, especially when it involves water. A likes to d dishes. C used to, but I guess he out grew that stage already. They both love to vacuum. When C goes to my moms house, he asks her for a chore list. I need to write him up one for here, but somehow I never get to it.
  3. Give your kid a phone - not a real one of course, but an old one s/he can play with. A loves to call people. He'll walk around or even sit for like 10 minutes just talking away about anything and everything.
  4. Stickers! Stickers can buy me time just about every time I pull them out. Grab a sheet of stickers and a sheet of paper and you've got a good 5 minutes free of kids. Just make sure they know stickers go on paper only!
  5. Hammer We have a flower bed that has a few holes in it just the right size for golf tees. I hand A a bucket full of them and a toy hammer and he goes to work.
  6. Give them a calculator.  A thinks it's a phone. He's just now starting to realize when he pushes the buttons, numbers show up! C loves to see how many numbers he can fit in the screen.
  7. Let them look through a photo album or scrapbook. My boys love looking through our scrapbooks at when they were babies. We can spend hours looking at all the pictures.
  8. Give them a few cups and some water. Let them dump it from one cup to another and back again.
  9. Play dough - I keep a tub of it in my kitchen with all kinds of neat "tools". They use plastic knives, forks, cookie cutters, and rolling pins to make all kinds of cool creations.
  10. Color - My boys like to color, but it usually doesn't hold their attention for very long. 5 or 10 minutes is usually all.
Hopefully this will give you a few minutes to get things done, or a few minutes to your self! Don't forget to check out my other great children's activities!

3 comments:

  1. Hi- I found you on Meet Me Monday. I am a new follower! Hope you will visit me and follow me back. Thanks!
    www.daybydaysavings.blogspot.com
    My son loves to use a calculator as a phone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips! I've used most of them with my kids.

    Thanks for joining my blog hop! I'm your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by to say thank you for joining my blog hop. Returned the favour and am now following. I love meeting all these new bloggers. Can't wait to get to know you better. www.jamarahcraftycreations.blogspot.com Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails