SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cheeseburger Soup


Cheeseburger Soup
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 pinch dried parsley flakes
4 tablespoons butter, divided
3 cups chicken broth
3 medium potatoes, diced
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup sour cream

Combine ground beef and onion, cook until beef is no longer pink. Combine broth, parsley, potatoes and beef in a medium pot, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender. In a small skillet, melt butter. Add flour; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes. Add to soup and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add salt, pepper, milk and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream.



I served this with Yummy Homemade Dinner Rolls made into a loaf. Cook at 420 degrees for 20 minutes.

5 comments:

  1. This looks yummy! I'll have to try it!
    I'm a new follower, will you follow me?
    http://songberries.blogspot.com/2010/09/buzz-on-by-thursday-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made this in the crockpot with grount turkey velveeta instead of chedder. It comes out really good there as well but I may try your version since I am sure chedder is all sorts of healthier than velveeta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to try this! It looks yummy :)

    Thanks for stopping by What's Cooking Wednesday! Hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've made cheeseburger pie but never soup!

    Thanks for stopping by What's Cooking Wednesday! Hope you link up with us again next week!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good! I would love for you to share this recipe or another at my Tip Day Thursday Carnival over at Around My Family Table. Thanks. Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails