SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Freezer Cleanout - I did it!

I finally did it! Cleaning out my freezer has been on my to-do list for a few months. I had just been shoving stuff in where ever it would fit and hoping it didn't fall out when I opened the door. I was freaking out because I didn't think we had any meat left - I thought the we only had  veggies and sides in the freezer. Remember when I said I could probably feed us for two months from the freezers? Yea. I was right. I haven't even touched my inside freezer yet...

Here's another before picture:


And here's my after picture:


While it may not look that much different, it's organized!! I so wanted to organize it like April did hers, but I remember her suggestion until I was halfway done. So maybe in a few months I'll redo it.

The first shelf is a hodge-podge of stuff. Beans, sweets, breads, bologna, bacon and some other stuff. The middle shelf is ALL MEAT. And stock, but there's just a few bags. The third shelf is all veggies and a box of Uncrustables. The bottom drawer has cheese and more meat! I didn't really touch the door, but there is a bunch of stuff in there - more meat, jelly, waffles, more stuff like that.

So we have officially started another eat from the freezer challenge. In a month, we're getting a half a cow. I have NO WHERE to put it. We do have a chest freezer in the shed if it's needed but I really, really don't want to have to hook it up.

2 comments:

  1. Now that's a lot of food, lol! I'm actually preparing a lot of dishes as a part of my "Baking Day" so that I can stock my freezer with meals for the month. If only mine could look like yours... organized or not :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! It's amazing what I've learned when eating from the pantry. The other day I tried a new recipe for Thai Shrimp Soup and found that I had all the ingredients EXCEPT for ramen. Doesn't everyone have ramen?! Once you eat from the pantry, you realize what your family actually eats and use up the random stuff - so when you need it - it's not available! :)

    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipes/gallery/0,28548,1947911_2013467,00.html

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails