SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hot Dog Spaghetti

When I posted our meal plan for this week, I got lots of interest in the Hot Dog Spaghetti. I have to be honest, I was interested in how it would turn out. Hubby has talked about this "dish" since we started dating. When he first moved out of his parents house, he had a very low grocery budget and virtually no cooking skills. Hot Dog Spaghetti was something he could fix himself that didn't bust his budget but still tasted good.

This "dish" is so easy to make and is a kid pleaser! Both my boys gobbled it up. When hubby warmed up the one serving that was left for a snack later, the boys ended up eating most of it. From the one bite I managed to grab, the leftovers tasted even better than the original.


You'll need:
hot dogs (I used 5 hot dogs for the 4 of us) $0.50
spaghetti noodles FREE
spaghetti sauce $0.45
oregano, garlic powder, & Italian seasoning - to taste $0.05

Cook hot dogs (I nuked them in the microwave). Cut them up into bite sized pieces. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti noodles as directed on package. Add spaghetti sauce and spices, warm over low heat until heated through. Add hot dogs and stir. Serve with homemade bread ($.50?).

Total Meal Cost : $1.50

1 comment:

  1. Hot dog spaghetti was a staple in my home growing up, only we used plain tomato sauce and seasoned it. Good memories!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails