SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Meal Plan Monday 10/10

Last week we only skipped one meal! I'm so proud of us for sticking to the menu plan. Well, kind of. The night we were supposed to have spinach/pasta bake I planned to fix ziti until I realized that I did indeed need to have cottage cheese to make the ziti. Oops. So I created something kind of lke ziti, kind of like spagheti that turned out amazing. (The recipe is scheduled to be posted this week.) Monday night, hubby grilled our steak. It was freezing outside and he burnt the steak to a crisp - inedible burnt. Even the dogs had a hard time chewing it. He was really wanting steak so he pulled another pack out of the freezer. Saturday, we were at a birthday party that ended up serving dinner (I guess when you have a party that starts at 5:00, dinner would more than likely be served). The chicken corn chowder turned out great, but because we had so many other great meals (enchiladas!) the leftovers didn't get eaten. So I'll freeze them to be brought out for a dinner in a few months.

This week, we're eating out of the freezers and pantry again. I did go grocery shopping (for the whole month) and we have plenty of fresh fruits which should last us at least a week and a half, possibly two weeks. I'm trying to work with what I have and not run to the store to "grab that deal".


Pizza

Meatloaf (in the freezer)




Roast Chicken (freezer)

Chicken Alfredo (using leftover roasted chicken)

Leftovers, or if there is none, Steak


What are you eating this week? I'd love to come check out your menu!

Make sure to check out 100's of other menus at OrgJunkie.com.

5 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I liked all the recipes...Looking forward to what's cooking on wednesday...

    Dr.Sameena@

    www.lovelypriyanka.blogspot.com
    www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bourbon chicken looks amazing- lovely presentation!

    Emily/Miss Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmmmmm.... bourbon chicken sounds good to me right now! Maybe I'll put that on my menu soon.

    I hope you'll stop by and visit me over at Free 2 Be Frugal sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm adding Bourbon chicken to next weeks plan! Check out what we are eating this week!

    http://hectichousehappyhome.blogspot.com/2010/10/menu-plan-monday-1011.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to laugh when I read that dog had a difficult time chewing the burnt steak! I'm sure the hubby felt bad.
    I loved attend birthday parties when our son was younger. People would actually feed you.
    The Bourdon Chicken looks amazing. I'm definitely going to bookmark that recipe. I've got a lot of chicken in the freezer.
    You have a terrific week!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails