SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Saving Money On Water

Using less water is one of the areas my family *ahem*husband*ahem* has problems with. It has been pouring down rain every single day this week (except today, it's finally sunny!!) so I wanted to find a way to put all that water to a good use and help me lower our water bill. I still have a few of the five gallon buckets that hubby brought home from work for me so I set them out in the rain to let them fill up. Whenever thy got filled up, I would dump them in the washing machine. It only took about 3 buckets to fill it up and with the rain we've been having, that was done in no time.

Now that the rain has (hopefully) stopped for a while, I'm thinking of putting a bucket in the shower for when hubby "lets the water warm up". We'll see how that goes. ;)

What are your tips for saving water?

3 comments:

  1. We are lucky becaus we live in military housing. We don't pay for utilities. When we lived off base, I always made sure that the dishwasher was FULL before running it and tried to stick to just one load a day. Other than that, I have no idea! Very helpful huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...you use rain water to wash your clothes? Does that work out okay? (Just wondering.) Also, I have a front-loading machine. I wonder what would happen if I (somehow figured a way to) put water in it. Does it sense there's water in there and then not fill up? Love this concept, though. My husband is looking into getting some rain barrels soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use WAY too much water when I wash dishes! I really need to find a way to fix this.

    I bet (it hasn't rained here for a long time, but when it does...) if I had to haul water in from outside to wash dishes would help me cut down on the amount of water I waste!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails