SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tostadas

This meal comes together in about 10 minutes and is so tasty! I usually place all the toppings in bowls on the table that way everyone can build their own. A surprised me and added black beans to his! And then spent the whole dinner saying "mommy, know what? I like beans! I like beans!"  :)


You'll need:
tortillas (homemade - $0.20)
2 TBSP taco seasoning ($0.05)
1 lb ground beef  ($1.99)
black beans ($0.15)
spinach (free from garden)
tomatoes (free from garden)
shredded cheddar cheese ($0.20 - hubby uses a lot of cheese)
salsa (homemade - free from garden)
sour cream ($0.10)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake tortilla shells 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Brown hamburger. Add taco seasoning and cook for a few minutes longer, to blend flavors.  Load the tortilla with taco meat and your favorite toppings!

Total Meal Cost : $2.69

11 comments:

  1. I just made breakfast tostadas last night for dinner using leftover corn tortillas, pork sausage, avocado (on sale at the grocery store), spinach, and scrambled egg. Really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your newest follower from Follow Me Back Tuesday The Neuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Following you from follow me back Tuesday, I would love a follow back.
    Thanks
    Barbara

    http://couponscouponsandmorecoupons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    I am your newest followr from Follow Me Back Tuesday. I would love for you to check out my site when you get a chance. =0)

    http://affordingcommoncents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, I need to learn how to feed my family on way less.I can even imagine feeding them on $25 a week. That would be a dream come true.

    I am your newest follower from TTA hop. Feel free to drop by for a visit. Love to see you there.

    ~Bibi~
    www.dailyorganizedchaos.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following you from the blog hop and would love a follow back! Thanks
    DirtyTruthReviews.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look delicious! Mine will cost a little more because I didn't get to grow a small garden this year. But there's always next year, right?

    I am your newest follower from the Tuesday Tag A Long (I'm a little late). Would love a follow back - Kentucky Frugalista. Have a good night!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh! These sound really good and easy to make! Your Cheesy Mexican Skillet recipe looks good too! I love new recipes so I'm your newest follower :)

    Thanks for linking up to What's Cooking Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower, hope that you will visit me some time.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails