SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ziti - Minus the Cottage Cheese

So I told of my ziti tales on Monday. How I wanted to have ziti but had no cottage cheese. I improvised and created this new family favorite. It comes together in about 10 minutes - in less time if you have already cooked ground beef hiding in your freezer.

You'll need:
1 pound ground beef
1  can (at least 8 ounces) tomato sauce (I used homemade)
1 to 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tbsp oregano*
1 tbsp garlic powder*
1/2 tbsp Italian Seasoning*
*because I used homemade tomato sauce with no added spices, I added a lot here
Brown ground beef and drain. Combine beef, tomato sauce, macaroni and cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, and spices in a casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, or until cheese is melted.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delish! Almos tlike a cheeseburger macaroni kinda dish! Yum! I always have ricotta cheese so I use that when I don't have cottage cheese. :)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails