SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Getting Ready For the Holidays - House Cleaning Made Easy

38 days until Christmas. Are you ready for the holidays? Read my weekly posts from now until Christmas week and I'll help make sure you have an enjoyable holiday!
Last week, we talked about buying our food and freezer cooking to make Thanksgiving about spending time with your family instead of spending the day in the kitchen. Today we're going to discuss the thing I dread most about the holidays - cleaning the house.


I don't know about you, but I could spend the whole day cleaning the house, only to turn around and it be a disaster area again. (I guess that's the price I pay for having young boys and 3 dogs though!) My trick to keeping my house looking presentable and keeping my cool while doing so is to only do as much as I can.
Sounds pretty simple, huh?

Starting Monday, I started decluttering. Less around means less to clean. You'd be surprised how many bags I have for hubby to drop off at the thrift store. My rules for pitching are if it's not been used in the past 6 months, it's gone. If we have something similar, or something that will do it's job, it's gone. We have so much stuff and it takes forever to pick the stuff up. Easy solution is to get rid of the stuff!

In my house when people come over, they will really only see 3 rooms. The kitchen, the living room and the bathroom. So I focus all my energy there. I spend a few hours a day doing a deep clean in each of these rooms and by the end of the week, I've gotten all my major cleaning out of the way. Now, I just need to spend a few minutes picking up and straightening up at the end of the night and I'm good to go.

It doesn't have to be a major chore to clean your house. Enlist the help of your family. Tell them why you need their help and most important -what you expect of them. If they think "pick up" means to pick up and put the items on the couch (or under the couch) that's what they're going to do. You need to tell them exactly what you want done ("pick up and put the items in the proper home") so that they are actually helping you instead of making more work.

What are your tips for keeping your house clean for the holidays?

Don't forget to come back next week for another Getting Ready for the Holidays post!

1 comment:

  1. Your home will look fantastic, smell fresh and indeed look a million dollars if you use the professional services of People Power Cleaning services.
    Domestic Cleaning

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails