SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Getting Ready For the Holidays - Week 1, Part 2 - Food Prep

48 days until Christmas. Are you ready for the holidays read my weekly posts from now until Christmas week and I'll help make sure you have an enjoyable holiday!


Earlier this week, we talked about buying our food and how to get the most bang for our buck. Today I'm going to let you in on my little secret to actually enjoy the day of the holiday without having to spend the whole day in the kitchen. Freezer Cooking.

Wait, what? Freezer cooking for the holidays? Yep, that's right! How many times do you wish you had cookies, breads, cakes and more ready and waiting for you with minimal prep work? This way, you can have it! And it won't break the bank.

I start now making all kinds of goodies. With cookies, you can either bake them, or freeze the dough. It's so easy to then pull out the dough and bake. You don't have to drag out all the ingredients and mix and bake. This year, I took Ott A's advice and canned a bunch of apple pie filling. All I need to do is make some pie crusts for the freezer and there I have an apple pie in about 10 minutes!

Another trick I have is to make all my side dishes now too. Chop up all the veggies that go in your dressing, then freeze. Make gravy and freeze. Make your mashed potatoes and freeze. Your rolls can be frozen and reheated. Even your turkey can be made now and frozen until Thanksgiving!

Pretty much anything you would like to fix for dinners can be made and frozen now, then reheated for dinners later on. What do you do to make your food prep easier for the holidays?

Don't forget to come back next week for another Getting Ready for the Holidays post! We'll be talking about getting your house ready!

3 comments:

  1. I never would have thought of that! I seem to be doomed to making cooking complicated. No matter what, it seems like I'm either prepping, cutting, or standing behind the stove at least twice a day. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have some great ideas...some I hadn't even thought of. Thanks for sharing.

    Fellow Blog Hopper:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really fabulous ideas! I might just have to use some of them.

    Thank you for participating in last week’s Wednesday Window @ Frugality Is Free. I would like to invite you to this week’s The Wednesday Window . It is the place to feature your favorite blog post of the past week or so, for more details check out Frugality Is Free.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails