SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Friday, November 26, 2010

What's for Dinner? Chicken Ring!

One of our favorite ways to use up the leftovers from a roast chicken or turkey is to put it in a Chicken Ring. I found this recipe on a blog last year sometime and have tweaked it to be my own. I wish I could find that blog again! There were lots of recipes I wanted to try. Anyway, this is a kid pleaser and could easily be made for a party!



You'll need:
1 cup cooked, shredded chicken or turkey
veggies - I use whatever I have, this time it included about 1 cup leftover corn, 1 medium potato, 1/4 cup each pepper and onion, and 1/4 cup celery
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 rolls of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (I've also used homemade and they work great too!)


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix all ingredients (except crescent rolls) in a medium bowl.




Place crescent rolls in a star shape (see picture) around the edge of a pan. Spoon chicken mixture on top.
Pull the dough over the mixture and press the small end under the larger end.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. That looks like an oldie but goodie from Pampered Chef like circa 1997! But it is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen this made with cream of chicken soup! We usually use a small amount of mayo and some cheese. I love the combos of: Chicken, broccoli and dill; turkey, cranberry, and sage; or chicken, bell peppers, lemon pepper, and garlic. Also, we alternate which direction the points of the crescent rolls face--in then out--, and brush it with beaten eggs white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks good! It reminds me of the taco rings using ground beef instead.

    Thanks so much for sharing at What's Cooking Wednesday. Be sure to stop by and link up more great recipes!

    http://notsohomemade.blogspot.com/2010/12/chili-for-chilly-night-128-whats.html

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails