SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Meal Plan Monday 12/5

I meal plan every week. It's the only way I feed us really. If I don't plan, I'm standing in the kitchen at 5:00 and thinking "now what in the heck am I going to serve?" All the while, hubby is raiding the cupboards and the boys are yelling "I'm hungy!" There are so many meal planning "helpers" out there. The one I use is called SayMmm.

"Say Mmm makes it easy to organize your meal ideas, recipes, and recipe links in one place, and there are new recipe ideas on the site for a little inspiration." They offer an online meal calender where you can plug in your meals in the time frame that fits you. Sometimes I plan by the week, sometimes by the month. SayMmm offers both planning options.

 They also have a recipe organizer that allows all your favorite recipes to be in one location. I think that is my favorite feature! Simply add the recipe to your recipe page. When you go to meal plan, type the name of the meal and *presto* there's the link! There is also a share tab that allows you to share your recipes with friends and family.

You can create your shopping list right on SayMmm, from your meal plan, and either print out your list or view it on your phone! How cool is that? I don't know how many times I have wished I had my list on my phone while in the store. My little ones usually end up taking my list from me and losing it. Unfortunately for me, I can't use this feature because my *wonderful* Blackberry won't allow me to enable JavaScript. Anyway, I recommend you try SayMmm to help you menu plan! You won't be disappointed!!

I wanted to post 3 recipes last week, but I never did get around to it. Our meals were all so good. The Chicken Bake is something we don't normally care for. This time, I revamped it and the whole pan was eaten! There were no leftovers! Of course, I had forgotten to take a picture of it. You'll just have to wait til next time for the recipe. :)

The meatball subs were also amazing this time. I'm not sure what I did differently. I served them on homemade rolls, maybe that was it?  The quesadillas were really good too - we had them twice. I didn't make the Chicken Caccitore. It has tomatoes in it and I'm just not a big fan of tomatoes. Hubby cooked the steak and it was a-maz-ing. He needs to cook more often! I made a sweet potato casserole that night that was off the charts too. ;)

This week we're having:

Pizza
Chicken Ham & Cheese - I'm going to attempt this in the slow cooker
Potato Soup
Hot Dog Spaghetti
Steamers (freezer)
Tacos
Out/Leftovers

Head to OrgJunkie.com for more menus!

I'd love to check out your menu! Leave me a link!

2 comments:

  1. SayMmm sounds neat! Thanks for sharing. I'll have to try it out when I plan for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so got to get back into menu planning. I find myself more and more standing in the kitchen come 4 muttering about trying to find something to cook.

    Thanks for the link to saymmm I am on the way to check them out now!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails