SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What's for Dinner? Chicken Cordon Bleu!

This was one of my favorite meals growing up. Mom would always fix it at my request and I remember the sauce being thick. For some reason I can never get the sauce thick enough. But it still tastes [almost!] as good as moms did. This quickly became one of the most requested meals by hubby when we got married. Every time I fix it, both my boys love it! Another kid friendly meal!

This time I tried it in the slow cooker and it was just as good as it is in the oven.

(although, the picture makes it look yucky, it tastes so good!)

You'll need:
Chicken Breasts - 1 for every serving
Ham - 1 piece for every chicken breast
Provolone Cheese (I used Swiss tonight) - 1 piece for every chicken breast
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can water (fill soup can with water)

Wrap 1 piece of cheese and 1 piece ham around 1 chicken breast. Repeat with remaining chicken, ham and cheese. Place in slow cooker or casserole dish. Combine soup and water, pour over chicken. Bake at 350 (in the oven) for an hour. In slow cooker, cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until chicken is cooked through.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to make this....you make it sound easy enough to try. Thanks!

    Wendy
    Around My Family Table

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Keli . . . thanks for following my blog . . . I am following you as well :-)

    I've been meaning to make this recipe . . . my man keeps telling me how much he loves it! Your recipe is way easier than his . . .

    You may want to not cover the baking dish with foil or a lid if you want the sauce to be thicker. Don't know what you would do to make it thicker cooking it in the slow cooker other than using less water.

    Have an awesome day . . . Gina

    http://ginasitaliankitchen.blogspot.com
    http://peacelovehappinesshappens.blogspot.com
    . . . and many more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds good....does the ham and cheese stay wrapped around the chicken or do i need to use a toothpick?

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails