SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Friday, January 14, 2011

Healthy Bread in 5 Minutes

One of the books on my reading list this year was Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day. The other day, I sat down and went through all the recipes, bookmarking the ones I thought I would try. Obviously the first one I tried was the "master" recipe.
Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day: 100 New Recipes Featuring Whole Grains, Fruits, Vegetables, and Gluten-Free Ingredients


The first time I baked the bread, it was okay. The crust was a little too hard for our taste. I tried again with the remaining dough in the fridge, and I am hooked. The only change I made to the recipe directions was that I didn't use the steam. I put the bread in the oven after preheating for five minutes and baked for 20 minutes.


For 1/2 the original batch you'll need:
2 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 tbsp yeast
1/2 tbsp salt
1/8 vital wheat gluten
2 cups water

Mix all the dry ingredients together. Add the water. Do not knead!! Cover loosely and let rise at least 2 hours. Place in fridge overnight. When you're ready to bake, remove 1/2 of dough from bowl, and shape into a loaf. Let rise 2 hours.  Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Slash the top of the loaf with a bread knife. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool until you can handle it without burning yourself (or wear an oven mitt) and slice. Slather with butter and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails