SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Friday, January 7, 2011

A Peek in my Pantry - January 2011

Here we are again at the beginning of January. Another peek in my pantry. :) Don't get lost along the way!

This is one of my two deep freezers. This one is my chest freezer.We hooked it up when we bought our 1/4 beef with the intention of cleaning out our other freezer to make room for the beef. Then I bought 3 turkeys. (We've eaten one since then.) Then I bought fish and there's just not room for everything in the other freezer yet.

This is my second deep freeze. Packed with chicken and pork, veggies and fruits, a few whole chickens, waffles, and some other stuff. I need to have this cleaned out by summer. I just noticed the top of the freezer door doesn't close all the way.  I'm not sure what the issue is. :(

This is part one of three of my main pantry. It houses (from left to right, top to bottom) hot cocoa and cornbread mix, peanut butter, odds and ends of canned goods, tomato paste, beans, diced tomatoes, tortillas, pancake syrup, peanuts, mayo, tomato sauce, and snacky type foods.

Part two of three. I house juice, applesauce, condiments, canned fruits and veggies and tomato sauce here. There's also more snacky stuff.

And part three of three. My million boxes of brownies - (I haven't made a trip to the food bank yet...) Some Ragu, and pasta. Some cereal, and on the bottom shelf is crackers, and aluminum foil.

So... This isn't all the food in my house. I forgot the one cereal cabinet, and I didn't include my baking cabinets and the one that I have a few cookies and crackers in. I have come to the conclusion we have way too much food. Over the next month, I will be clearing out and going to the food bank with a donation. I will be planing a menu for the next two months that will use up some of this food!

You can see my goals for this challenge here.

1 comment:

  1. You sound like me we have a kitchen pantry, a canning pantry, and a freezer room which holds a freezer, bulk storage, and cold storage. We ate out of them for December so now we are slowy restocking them.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails