Since then, I have used this flour in everything I've made - potato rolls, pancakes and artisan bread using 100% Whole Wheat Flour. We have not been disappointed once. In fact, I actually prefer the whole wheat flour over white now.
Great River Organic Milling uses old fashioned stone wheels to grind their grains. Conventional millers today use steel grinding mills, and they “temper” grain before grinding it by soaking the grain in water so they can “pull” the bran layer apart and take out the germ and endosperm. This produces a white flour that has a long shelf life. Great River Organic Milling, on the other hand, is one of the few granite stone millers left in America. They use a slower process with less heat involved, and nothing is removed from the grain. All the nutritional components of the grain go back into the bag. These flours are ground to order in Wisconsin especially for Tropical Traditions, and have been used to craft some of the finest artisan breads in the United States.
One of my readers is going to win a 5 pound bag of Organic Stone-Ground Whole Wheat Bread Flour
from Tropical Traditions!
Mandatory Entry Visit the Tropical Traditions site and tell me what other product you would like to try.
There MUST be an email address in your comment. I will no longer go hunting for a way to contact you.
- Sign up for the Tropical Traditions newsletter. (three entries - leave three comments!)
- Follow my blog GFC, email or RSS (two entries - leave two comments!)
- Follow Tropical Traditions (@troptraditions) on twitter.
- Follow Feeding Four (@feedingfour) on twitter.
- Tweet the giveaway mentioning me, @feedingfour and @troptraditions.. Example: “I just entered to win a bag of whole wheat flour from @troptraditions & @feedingfour"
- Follow Feeding Four on Facebook
- Follow Tropical Traditions on Facebook
*Please note that if Canadian resident wins, Tropical Traditions will not pay any of the duty or custom charges.
This giveaway will end on 2/4/2011. The winner will be randomly chosen using random.org and contacted via email. The winner will have 48 hours to reply to the email to receive their product. After that I will chose another winner.
Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.