The U-Play Mat is a U-shaped mat with 15 clear pockets on its surface. The mat is 4 feet wide, and 3 feet deep. The innovative "U" shape allows the child to sit inside the opening of the "U" with full access to the 15 pockets. The child has full visual and tactile access to the whole surface, without having to crawl atop the mat. Child-safe see-through pockets allow fifteen theme-based cards to be secured to the mat surface. This patent pending design allows for the caregiver to sit across and engage the child in a variety of exercises using the adorable theme-based card decks. The pockets are designed to be slightly larger than the cards, allowing for the cards to be placed and removed easily.
When I bring out the tote bag I keep the UPlay Mat in, A gets all excited. He loves to play with the mat. It's a lot easier for toddlers to use because they can sit in the middle of the mat, allowing them to easily reach all 15 cards/pockets. When we play Original Memory A gets frustrated because he messes up the cards when reaching across them. With the UPlay Mat, there is no frustration.
There are so many ways to play with your UPlay Mat, you'll never get bored! You can match the cards, name the pictures on the cards, or just talk about what you see on them. Just in case you were to get bored, the Play This Way website offers 10 different activities for you to do using your UPlay Mat. (These same activities are also in a booklet that comes with the mat.)
My favorite part about this mat is that A and I are spending time together, while learning and playing. We both have fun and he's learning at the same time. There's no fighting with him to get him to sit down and do a project. Usually he just wants to run and play - he's not an arts and crafts type of boy. :)
Dr. Jen has given one of my lucky readers a chance to win their very own UPlay Mat sample kit.
To enter : Visit their website and let me know which pack of cards you think your child would like the best.
Additional entries (done only after the mandatory entry above)
- Subscribe to Feeding Four via RSS, Google Friend Connect, or E-mail. (If you are already a subscriber, just let me know!) (2 entries)
- Become a fan of Feeding Four on Facebook (1 entry)
- Follow Feeding Four on twitter & tweet about this giveaway (You can tweet up to twice per day, leave separate comments)
- Blog about this giveaway. Comment back here with the blog address so that your entry can be verified. (4 entries - please leave separate comments for each entry!)
- Tweet about this giveaway– leave a link to your Tweet make sure to include @feedingfour and @PLAYTHISWAY in your tweet
- Follow PlayThisWay on facebook & let them know Feeding Four sent you
- Follow PlayThisWay on twitter & let them know Feeding Four sent you
Disclaimer: I was provided with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.