SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

What's Cooking Thursday *New Linky* Mini Pizzas

Welcome to the new What's Cooking Thursday! A place for you to link up whatever it is you've been cooking at your house! Not a blogger? Leave your recipe in the comment section. Look for a featured recipe next week. Feel free to link up as many recipes as you'd like, all I ask is that you link back to What's Cooking Thursday!







Every Sunday night is pizza night in my house. Lately, we've been making mini pizzas, little pizzas for each of us. The reason I prefer mini pizzas over one big pizza is because one - the kids each get their own pizza to make. Usually, they help me make the big pizza and argue over who gets to spread the sauce, who gets to add the cheese, etc. With mini pizzas, they each get to do everything! Also with mini pizzas, we can customize each pizza. Hubby likes peppers, ham, and pepperoni on his. The boys just like cheese and pepperoni. This time, I decided to go a different route and make a BBQ Pork Pizza. (It's so simple - spread BBQ sauce on the crust, add some pork BBQ and sprinkle with cheese)



The pizza crust we always use is as follows:

2 1/2 cups flour (I usually use 1 cup white whole wheat, 1 1/2 cups white)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons honey
2 teaspoons yeast
1 cup warm water

Combine water, honey and yeast in large bowl. Let set 10 minutes or until mixture is bubbly. Add flour and olive oil. Knead 10 minutes. Let rest 45 minutes to an hour*. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Roll dough out to desired size. Add desired toppings, bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.

*I have let rise longer and there is no issues. I have also allowed NO time for rising, and it turns out fine.


8 comments:

  1. Hi there,visiting and following your blog. Please visit and follow us back,there are many Asian recipes to be shared....Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures of your dinnerwear always make me smile. My mom has the same Corelle pattern as you that she has been using since I was a small child. Man, that stuff is tough! I think she still has every piece. The stuff is indesctructable!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Picture for me...but, I did post a recipe I cook alot

    http://3beautifulkiddos.blogspot.com/2011/01/whats-cooking-thursdaya-day-late.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had to comment when I saw the last picture... we have the SAME corelle pattern! It must've been very popular. If corelle wasn't darn near indestructible, I would replace it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Those plates were my Grandmothers. They do last forever! @Patricia - I totally agree with you! "If corelle wasn't darn near indestructible, I would replace it. :) " With my boys, each piece has been dropped numerous times and only 1 piece has ever broken. Gotta love it's durablilty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Thanks for sharing your FLAVORFUL FRIDAY dish! I'm glad to have found a Thrusday event to add to my weekly list! I've added you button already, hope to see you again at FF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pizzas look delicious. I have to admit that I haven't been cooking nearly as much as I use to. By the time I get home at night (I work 2:30-10pm) I'm so tired, I end up microwaving whatever's closest and falling into bed.

    I'm definitely going to try my hand at your dough recipe. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the linky! I guess I need to start taking pictures of what I make! :)))

    http://savingtowardabetterlife.blogspot.com/2011/01/whats-cooking.html

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails