SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Monday, January 10, 2011

Your Recipe, My Kitchen - Stromboli!

I have a million recipes that I have clipped from magazines, or found on the Internet that I saved to try. (Ok, maybe a million is a bit of an exaggeration.) Frugal Antics or a Harried Homemaker has the same problem. She now hosts a linky every Monday called "Your Recipe, My Kitchen" where you share a recipe from another blog that you have made in your kitchen, too.

 Because of my overflow of new recipes, I've decided to play along. Every Monday, I will feature a new recipe I have made either from someone else's blog or that I have clipped from a magazine. This week, I'm sharing a recipe for Stromboli that I found over at Eat at Home.

I have made this a few times before, always following the recipe exactly. We've always thought it was okay. Tonight, I made a few changes and we loved it. The boys both ate their entire helping (C asked for more for snack), and hubby ate two helpings. This doesn't take much more effort to make than pizza and is a nice change up for pizza night.


You'll need:
pizza dough
2 egg yolks (save the whites)
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp olive oil
pepperoni, sausage, ham, veggies - your favorite pizza toppings
2 cups Mozzarella cheese 

Spread the dough out on a greased pizza stone, like a rectangular pizza crust. Mix the seasonings, egg yolks and oil, and spread like butter on the crust. Layer the fillings and top with cheese.


Roll up the dough starting with the long edge. You'll end up with a long, log shape. Place it on the pizza stone. Brush with egg white. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Slice and serve with the pizza sauce or ranch. :)

6 comments:

  1. YUM! I know this must be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stromboli looks so good. I like the Eat at Home blog too. Thanks for stopping by and have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great. I am always looking for new dinner ideas that are easy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds great! I'll have to put that on my menu plan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of those great flavors just can't go wrong. Thanks So much for playing along with "Your recipe, My kitchen." I cannot wait to see what you make. This is going to be a fun year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo, I did stromboli a few weeks ago and it went over VERY well! I added chicken and spinach and peppers and it was amazing! My dough was the WW recipe from allrecipes.com (my fav) will have to make these again soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails