SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Cleaning

It's that time again. The time of year I dread. I HATE to clean. If I don't make myself do it, it doesn't get done. But I'm sick of the house, we have so much stuff laying around. And I figure, as long as I'm cleaning out, I might as well actually clean.

As I mentioned on facebook, Kelli at Three Boys and a Dog has a great list up for every day this week. She is cleaning a different room everyday this week. While that's awesome for her, that won't work for me. So I'm doing things my way. I'm doing a room a week. It'll take me a while, but it will get done. And that's better than not getting done at all.

Some of the things on my list this week are:

Clean the fridge! Take everything off one shelf at a time and wipe down the shelf, walls, etc. Be sure to start at the top so the dirty water drips to the bottom instead of over your cleaned spots. Take all the papers and magnets off the front/sides of the fridge and wipe it alll down.
Clean behind the fridge! Move it, sweep behind it, wipe down the walls, wipe down the back of the fridge (especially the coils), put it back.

Do the stove! Repeat all of the above steps with your stove and oven. A little vinegar cuts the grease that seems to accumulate in the kitchen. Be sure to pull it out to get the back and the sides.

Do the microwave! Put a microwave safe bowl of water in your microwave and turn it on for about a minute. The steam from the water will loosen any cooked on food making it wipe right off. Don't forget to pull out your microwave and wipe the sides/top (if yours sits on the counter like mine does)

Clean the fan! After dusting your fan blades, you might need to take a vinegar and water soaked rag and really wipe down the fan.

Dust everything! After you have finished the above tasks, wipe down the counters and other flat surfaces (shelves, furniture, window sills, door frames, etc)

Attack the floor! Sweep the floor really well.Then start scrubbing. Be sure to get on and around the baseboards really well.

Are you spring cleaning this week?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails