SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Weight Watchers Deli Meals Review

A few weeks ago, I posted the beginning of a review on the Weight Watchers Fresh Meals. This is part two of that review. :)

My personal favorite of all the meals was the chicken salad. . I am extremely picky with my chicken salad. I have found one store bought kind that I like, sold at a deli near my parents house. Even that chicken salad is so-so. That chicken salad is also priced at $6.99 a pound. Needless to say, I don't eat that much. The Weight Watchers Deli Fresh meals are priced between $1.99 - $2.99, and each package contains two servings. That is a price I am willing to pay!
One of the things I was unsure about was the cranberries. I am not a fan of cranberries at all. But I tried it. And promptly ran to the fridge to hide the rest from hubby. This chicken salad is awesome. Beats the deli chicken salad on more than price. The cranberries were the perfect addition. instead of pureed chicken, Deli Fresh Meals have big chunks of white meat chicken. Each serving contains 4 PointsPlus, 140 calories, 6g fat, 290 mg sodium, 10g carbs, 1g fiber,14g protein.
In addition to the chicken salad, the other deli salads are: rainbow pasta salad, seafood salad, coleslaw, macaroni salad and potato salad.

I tried the potato salad even though I do not like potato salad. I'm just not a fan. It wasn't bad; pretty good for a prepackaged potato salad. Hubby enjoyed it. It was perfect for him to throw in his lunch in the morning.

This is the Baked Ziti - "Penne pasta tossed with a zesty marinara and seasoned ricotta sauce topped with mozzarella cheese". I really enjoyed this meal as well. It was really easy to pop in the microwave while I got the munchkins lunch. By the time they were happily munching away, mine was ready. At just 220 calories, the ziti made for a low calorie lunch that was surprisingly filling. I added a small side salad to round out my meal. The only thing I wasn't sold on with this meal was the chunks of mushroom. I'm not a fan of mushrooms and there were a few big chunks.

I have a few more meals to review yet - the Chili con Carne, Roast Turkey and Mac and Cheese to name a few. Look for those reviews here soon!

Have you tried any of the New Weight Watchers Fresh Meals? What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for your reviews on these! I take the frozen "Smart Ones" to work for lunch regularly but I'm ready for a change. I'm so excited to try these! Now we just need some coupons!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had the Raviloi and Lasagna both were very good.
    I agree, I need coupons. Much much better than fozen meals. The Lasagna didn't smell after heating in microwave like the fozen varieties.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails