SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What's Cooking Thursdays? Meatball Subs!

Welcome to What's Cooking Thursday! A place for you to link up whatever it is you've been cooking at your house! Not a blogger? Leave your recipe in the comment section. Look for a featured recipe next week. Feel free to link up as many recipes as you'd like, all I ask is that you link back to What's Cooking Thursday!





Every time I add Meatball Subs to our menu plan, I get a big response. I think these subs are one of the things that not many people think to remake at home. Personally, I have never had a meatball subs from a store. I didn't even try one until 2 years ago. Hubby has loved them for years. I always made them for him and had something else myself. Now, all four of us are meatball sub lovers. We do still "fight" however, about where to get the better sub. Hubby and I hands down agree - homemade is best. C is the holdout. He loves Subways meatball subs. He'll come around....

(it got a little overdone under the broiler)

You'll need:
1/4 onion - diced
1 egg
1 lb hamburger
1 cup ketchup
1 slice of bread - turned into bread crumbs by a food processor
1 jar pizza sauce
sub rolls
sliced cheese

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Shape into meatballs and bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. When meatballs are cooked, place them in a medium saucepan. Stir in pizza sauce. Let simmer at least 30 minutes. Place sub rolls under a broiler until toasted. Spoon meatballs onto roll, add cheese and sauce if desired.
This week's featured recipes are:




Now it's your turn. What have you been cooking this week?

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting the party. I just linked mine..Burger Steak with Gravy Sauce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, and thanks for hosting.

    I've included a link to your hop on my site - there's a page devoted to hops for every day of the week. Go to the top of my sidebar for links to these pages:
    Blog Hops For Every Day Of The Week!
    Help make the world a better place!,
    How to help earthquake/ tsunami victims in Japan

    I promise to donate $2 to Japan relief efforts for each new Google Friend Connect Follower of my blog throughout the remainder of March! Today’s the last day!

    Have a great week!

    NCSue
    http://acts17verse28.blogspot.com/2011/03/what-would-you-decide.html
    http://acts17verse28.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. those look wonderful I love meat ball subs from subway. will have to try yours. grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those meatball subd are making my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the meatball subs. They look delicious and so affordable. I have a link party on Tuesday's and would love it if you could join us. Feeding a family for $25 is something everyone needs. My url this week is and I am still linking with people on it so, come join us, if you are interested: http://permanentposies.com/2011/04/crockpot-shepherds-pie/

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails