SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Garden Update 2011 #1

Our first garden update for the year. I'm so excited! LOL I can not wait to get my hands in the dirt. I'm itching to get out there and plant, but I'm forcing myself to wait. I don't want to little plants to die yet!

I took a leap and started some plants from seed this year. Partly to save some money and partly to see if i could actually do it. So far, so good. Back at the beginning of March, I started a zucchini plant that I have planted outside now. It got way to big for its container. I keep it covered with an ice cream bucket at night, and it's growing very well! We also planted broccoli, tomatoes, watermelon, peppers, cucumber, spinach, sugar snap peas and cantaloupe. I'm debating on carrots and a few other veggies.

Everything but the peppers have sprouted! A good rule of thumb for my area is to wait to plant outside until after Mother's Day. Only 3 weeks left!!

Are you planting a garden this year?

3 comments:

  1. Hi, look at your cute little sprouts! We just planted a few herbs and veggies yesterday from seed, I hope they take! One house we lived in had a zucchini garden, and by that I mean it took over! So watch out! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started some seeds last week, but we can't plant here until after the May long weekend, around the 24th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I plant what I call my organic wanna be garden. It is so small I can lay down on it and cover the whole thing. Hopefully this year we will be making it bigger.

    I should get busy and grow my own plants from seed too..... so much cheaper that way.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails