SwagBucks

Have you tried Swagbucks? Earn Free swagbucks just for searching the web and turn them into amazon gift cards, paypal cash, and more! Sign up now and get 30 FREE swagbucks!!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What's Cooking Thursdays? Chocolate Syrup

Welcome to What's Cooking Thursday! A place for you to link up whatever it is you've been cooking at your house! Not a blogger? Leave your recipe in the comment section. Look for a featured recipe next week. Feel free to link up as many recipes as you'd like, all I ask is that you link back to What's Cooking Thursday!





My boys have been on a chocolate milk kick latley. We ran out today and I wasn't running to the store just for chocolate syrup. So we improvised.
 
 
 
1 1/3 cups water
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
 
Bring water to a boil. Meanwhile, combine sugar and cocoa powder. Reduce heat to medium. Slowly add the sugar mixture to the boiling water. Stir roughly 10 minutes or until thickened slightly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Store in refridgerator.
 
This week's featured recipes are:
 





Now it's your turn, what have you been cooking this week?

9 comments:

  1. Hi there! Thank you for hosting.
    I’m a follower, and hope you’ll visit me soon and follow back!
    I've included a page on my site that lists blog hops for each day of the week, and this hop is listed there. If you know of other great hops, please let me know!
    Oh… also, earlier this week, I posted a list of great ways to save at the gas pump. I hope you’ll find this list helpful: http://acts17verse28.blogspot.com/2011/04/from-my-inbox-tips-to-save-at-gas-pump.html.
    Have a great week.
    NCSue
    http://acts17verse28.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting! Those salsa bites look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, you just improvised? That's pretty dang impressive! I can't wait to try the syrup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That syrup looks yummy and easy. My kind of recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Keli..I got it this time.I came back to link mine.thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you please come to my house and teach me how to feed our family on less lol I live near Disney!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could have used this last night on some Ice Cream. :)

    So glad you linked up to "Made it on Monday"

    I hope you will join in often

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for featuring my fudge! That was nice to see this morning.

    And thanks for the tip on making chocolate syrup! That's great.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails